Monday, December 14, 2009

Care Packages Bless us!!!


We are so thankful to all of you who have sent us care packages! They really brighten our hearts. Our most recent package brought so much warmth and love...Literally! Let me explain...

Warmth: After noticing that I was cringing from the cold air creeping in through the door at school, my teacher asked me if I was cold. The temperature had dropped to 20 below that day and she gasped when I told her I didn't have any thermals on. She was wearing 3 pairs of pants! I walked in the door after walking home from school for 10 minutes in the frigid cold and Larry was holding up the pair of thermals that were sent! I was so excited! I've been toasty warm all week :)

Love: Also, the card that was sent was extremely meaningful. I am still trying to grasp the awesomeness of God! The verse on the front of the card quoted Colossians 3:16, "Sing to the Lord with thankful hearts." Out of the thousands of scriptures in the Word, this was the EXACT verse that I had engraved on the back of my I-Pod that had been stolen a week before. At first I had hoped that the thief may come to know the Lord from listening to the worship music, but then I realized they didn't take the power cord, so it would probably end up in the trash. A small part of me felt like the verse itself had been trashed and stolen from me, along with the deep spiritual significance of what that verse means to me. Without corporate worship to depend on, the I-Pod has become my means of worshipping the Lord and entering into His Presence. The verse, therefore, was the symbol of this deep pursuit of God and His Presence that my heart has been yearning for this past year. When receiving the verse in the package, I knew in my heart that God is doing a great work of restoration of all that was lost and giving me an even greater passion for worshipping Him. I am especially excited to see how the Lord draws me into His Presence this coming year! The enemy may think he can come to kill, steal and destroy, but our Lord overcomes and turns all things to good and gives us LIFE ABUNDANTLY! He does far more than what we can ask or imagine! His grace abounds! Thank you all who have sent packages this past year for being used by God to touch our hearts so deeply.

Standing in Awe of our Amazing God!

No comments: