Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our Charming Princess Raises Money for the Invisible Children in Africa!


We went to an art auction on Friday held by an organization called REVO (www.revo.org) and all the art was donated and bid on to raise money for the invisible children in Africa (www.invisiblechildren.org). I'm sure tons of money was raised...there were at least 100 pieces of art and the bidding was pretty high for each piece when we left ($50-300 maybe...).

About an hour into the auction, Averi and Eli started getting bored. I got out some paper and markers and they went to town. After I had been praying for the Holy Spirit to come and invade the place and raise lots of money for the kids, Averi jumped up with a 5x7 size picture she drew of some clouds, the ocean, and the sun. She asked me if she could put it on the wall with all the other art to raise money for the kids in Africa. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Sure enough, one of the volunteers put it on the wall and asked what she wanted the starting bid to be. Another guy was standing nearby and said "I'll give you ten bucks for it." Averi was very distraught and shook her head fervently. She said, "No, twelve dollars!!!" The bidding started and Averi stood next to her art like "Vanna White" telling everyone that walked by about the kids in Africa and asked if they wanted to bid on her piece. After about an hour her piece was up to $50! (It may have even gone for more after we left!) PRAISE GOD!!! God amazes me! Oh how I delight in our little girl who delights in her Lord Jesus! She has such an incredible heart for orphans and the poor!