Our God is a jealous God! At times I can relate. I was jealous today when Averiana was upset but refused to be comforted. She angrily screeched, "Leave me alone!" as she pushed my hand away. It was as if she was saying, "I don't need you! I can handle this myself! Go away!" I wanted nothing more than to love her, but her pride and her stubborness kept her from receiving all the good things I desired to give her. How much more does our God desire to give good gifts to His children?
As we trust Him, he pours out his blessings upon us. He grants us with patience and his strength to handle the challenges all around us. As the world and our fleshly hearts tell us we can handle everything on our own, our Father in heaven reaches out to us. Will we receive His love and rest in His strong, trustworthy hands, or will we push Him away and grudgingly attempt to do it on our own with no avail? I CHOOSE HIM! Enjoy His love today!