Monday, June 25, 2007

Crazy Day with our VISAS



Larry's Day-
I had an all out crazy day!!!
Basically, they lost our stuff. First, UPS couldn't find the package, because it was voided!!!
So, I called them and they told me that the UPS store in Baton Rouge, cancelled our package so there was nothing they could do and they hung up on me....

Then I called the store and they were panicking and told me the Manager was coming in to give me a call back...Never happened!!!!

So, then I called the embassy:
1. They said they never received my second package.
2. They said they sent out the package UPS, which UPS said didn't exist!
3. Then they said in our 2nd phone conversation that they had our package....then never sent it out!
4. But they still didn't have our USPS (express mail) package and they just left the UPS package sitting in their office until I called them to come pick it up, but the kicker was they never called or told me that was suppose to happen or that it was finished.
5. So, they said they could send it out FEDEX if I resent my CC# ....
6. Then they called me 3 and half hours later saying they found everything and that they sent it out in today's mail...which should arrive tomorrow!!!

Krista's Day-
Praise the Lord! He is faithful! When we found out our passports and VISAS were missing my first response was to break down and cry. I was in the dressing room shopping for bridesmaids dresses for my brother's wedding in Dec. I got a call from Larry that our MOST IMPORTANT documents had been lost in the mail and if they didn't find them we weren't gonna be able to go to Vietnam (for months until we got new ones...) I came out of the dressing room with a beautiful sparkling dress on...the girls were ooing and awing...and I started crying. They lost our VISAS!!!! There was absolutely nothing we could do but TRUST that God would work it out. What a tough day! I remember saying, "I just don't have the faith...I want to have it...but I don't know if I can do it." God is faithful even when our faith is faltering! He is our strength in weakness. I just could NOT imagine getting this close to traveling and not being able to go! What devastation took place in my mind! By God's grace, we stood strong on the faith that God has given us over the last couple months...knowing that God is a BIG God and he CARES about all the details in our lives! As Larry said... we can't just sit around and expect God to do all the work for us...it takes some work on our part and God will meet with us. God moved Larry to make many phone calls and persevere through lots of stress and craziness to answer our prayers and prove Himself faithful. Larry prayed that the lady at the Embassy would find our package although it was "LOST" in the mail. I was reminded that GOD CARES ABOUT THE LOST AND WILL DO EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO BRING THE LOST BACK INTO HIS ARMS! God showed us that he can do all things for those who ask! Thank you, Jesus!

The package arrived today and we leave tomorrow! (actually Thursday at 3 am)
Please pray for our travels! We arrive in Vietnam on Saturday morning!