"1. THEY DON’T HAVE THE TIME OR ENERGY TO WRITE…BUT THEY DO IT FOR YOU.
WHAT THEY SAY
Have you read my latest newsletter?
WHAT THEY WANT TO SAY
Newsletters, blog posts, website updates – all the “experts” tell me that I need to be sending you fresh content on a regular basis so you won’t forget about me. But here’s the thing…writing is hard, especially for those who aren’t natural writers. You know what else is hard? HTML, CSS, PHP, and a bunch of other tech-geek stuff that you have to learn about just to make a decent-looking website or email. I really want to tell you what’s going on, but it’s hard to turn out gripping narratives while I have a sick child asleep in my lap. And if I have to look up how to code a “mailto” link one more time, I’m going to scream!"
What I say: I think you can see from our lack of blogs how we feel. (We are almost exclusively Facebook and email). We see how many of you subscribe and how many views we get per blog post, and we have to ask ourselves is it worth it. Are we really get the word out? Is it really economical?
When we first arrived in Mongolia it would take approximately 15 hours to post one picture here on our blog. We would start it at dinner and it would be finished in the morning. Writing to cyberspace is hard! Writing to people who care is not!
Reference:
Mosley, A. (2014, July 5). 10 THINGS MISSIONARIES WON’T TELL YOU. Retrieved from
http://adammosley.com/2014/07/05/10-things-missionaries-wont-tell/
No comments:
Post a Comment