Monday, December 01, 2014

Response To: #2

 "2. FACEBOOK “LIKES” DON’T PAY THE BILLS.



WHAT THEY SAY

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

WHAT THEY WANT TO SAY

I’m glad that you liked my Facebook status. I really am. The thing is, when I say we need $1,200 by the end of the week to pay the school fees for orphaned children, I’m talking about actual dollars and actual need. Contrary to the rumors, Bill Gates doesn’t donate a dollar for every Like. That part is up to you. So, the next time you Like my status, consider sending a few bucks my way too."

What I say:  I would totally agree with him on this one.  It is very encouraging that you scrolled past and took a second to click "like"on my post.  It is discouraging that my "goofy" post get more likes than my "serious" ones.  



When we first arrived on the field in Mongolia we were raising our own support (I personally don't like saying it like this...cause it is God who provides not me).  Ok, back from the rant.   In 2008 we raised 2,000 USD/month and CAMA covered medical insurance.  It is now 2014, we have been on the CAMA Advanced fund since 2010, which means we are still asked to raise 75% of our support.  *If you want more info on this please ask.  75% is approximately 3,000USD/month.  We are currently receiving 1,500 to 2,000 USD/month.  

No comments: