Friday, March 13, 2009

WATCH AND PRAY


In this season of few words, God (being one of the few people I can talk to) is drawing me into the deeper wells of His presence and calling me to WATCH AND PRAY. Jim Goll defines and explains the word 'watch' in this way: "to be awake or vigilant; a spiritual attitude of alertness in one's heart. As one heart is revived and as the fire spreads to others we have the beginnings of a spiritual AWAKENING in which the church awakens and arises to affect every sphere of society." I pray the same would be true in Mongolia! Often my prayer is, "Oh Lord awaken my senses that I may see your Kingdom within our reach in Mongolia! Let your Kingdom come!"

By God's infinite grace He allowed me to witness ONE Mongolian heart awaken to His love! Being at the right place at the right time, God alerted my spiritual senses to a change in atmosphere. Desiring to edify and uplift our new translator, Mookie, and a passionate prayer warrior, Itchka, I attempted to join their conversation. After WAITING IN EAGER ANTICIPATION for a few awkward moments, I realized Itchka was proclaiming the gospel with our new translator(who we had all been praying would receive the Lord during the College of Prayer) Although I could understand very few words, I KNEW by her passion that the Kingdom of Heaven was breaking through. After about ten minutes of WATCHING AND PRAYING, Itchka looked over at me for the first time since I had been standing beside them and spoke one English word forcefully, "PRAY." Her eyes sparkled with hope, "something is happening!!!" I began to pray with even greater EXPECTATION and the next thing I knew I was laying hands on Mookie as Itchka was leading her in prayer to receive the Lord!

What a powerful representation of WATCHING AND PRAYING! God gave me the opportunity to literally WATCH as His Kingdom showed up in a powerful way! Isn't it amazing to think that when 2 or 3 of us are gathered (even when we don't even know the same language:) Jesus is there WATCHING AND PRAYING in the same way! We may not even realize that He is there, but He is waiting in anxious anticipation to join our conversations as we recognize His presence! Thank the Lord for such an incredible experience...one heart Awakened has revived my heart! Oh how I desire to SEE His Kingdom come in this place!!! Let the fire spread to the least reached places of the earth!

1 comment:

Bethany Joy Hardy said...

I'm so excited for you and the new place you are going! (and the people!)
I feel that God is doing the same things in our hearts for the people of this city. The Hardy's are moving to downtown Redding in a week and we are so pumped to see God working in our neighbors lives!