Eli's 5th birthday was yesterday. It's amazing to think that 2 years ago we received his picture and saw him for the first time on his 3rd birthday. By the beautiful grace of God, Eli was born into our hearts the same day he was born into the world. It's strange to think that He has only been with us for less than 2 years (we met him on June 30, 2007). I can't even remember what life was like without him. He brings so much joy and love into our family...so much more than we could ever give in return. While I was waiting to be united with my son, I remember wondering if I could possibly love him as much as I love my biological daughter, Averiana. Would I have enough love to go around? I can't even express the love I have for this little guy in my heart. My love for him is no different. He is my son. Period. I learned an amazing thing about God...He TRULY DOES love us as much as He loves His only begotten Son Jesus. How could that even be possible? How could God love me? I've read those words in the bible...but to actually experience the same deep kind of love with both of my children...I now KNOW that it is true. God really does love us the same way He loves Jesus. And I BELONG to the family of God. What a privilege. Eli constantly thanks God for His family. He thanks God for having a Mom and a Dad and a sister. We BELONG together. Eli barely remembers what life was like beforehand, but he KNOWS in the depths of His soul that we are a gift to him by God himself. He prays for kids who don't have families. He knows and feels that he BELONGS and he knows belonging is a privilege. He desires that privilege to be shared with his friends in the orphanage. I desire to have that same attitude. I don't want to take my belonging to the family of God for granted. I BE-LONG. That is all God wants from us. It's not about being perfect. It's not about earning his love. God simply asks us to BE with Him and LONG for Him as he LONGS for us. And that is all that I desire from my kids. I will always love them and LONG for them as long as I live. We will always BE-LONG together! I hope that the passion in my heart will spread to others...that others may choose life and choose to BELONG in this amazing family of God. Could we ask for better?
Eph. 1:5 "In love he predestined us to be adopted (into the FAMILY of God) as his sons (and daughters) through Jesus Christ according to his pleasure and will."
I am so thankful for my children...they bring me so much pleasure :)
1 comment:
I love that kid! I can't believe how big he's getting!
Post a Comment