Monday, March 23, 2009

Beauty Unveiled-The Transparent Butterfly

Happy Birthday to me! I am 30 today! Turning 30 years old and having a few gray hairs on my head might suggest that I have gained at least a little God-given wisdom during my short lifetime, right? Or maybe it just means I am getting old. Wisdom or no wisdom, some of the most inspired life lessons I’ve learned along the way are best symbolized by the transparent butterfly pictured above. The transparent butterfly’s wings serve as camouflage to protect itself from enemy attack. I have found that being honest, transparent, and clear as crystal (one meaning of the name Krista) equals freedom from the enemy! “For whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom! And we who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.” So often the world tells us that we should keep our shameful ways hidden. But there is beauty to unveil in our weaknesses!

Paul said he boasts about his weaknesses so that the power of Christ could rest on him because He knew that when he was weak he was strong…God’s power is made perfect in weakness. When we remove the veil and admit our weaknesses, God’s glory is revealed in us and through us. I remember years ago when I admitted some food-related strongholds I struggled with in front of a very large group. That day, I learned the power of confession! That day, Satan’s schemes lost their grip on me. Since then I continue to stand my ground and proclaim victory in Jesus name! God is transforming me and turning my body into his temple and unveiling the beauty hidden within me. He has given me a crown of BEAUTY instead of destruction and death; JOY instead of grief; PRAISE instead of despair! He gives His approval instead of a need for man’s approval; grace to replace my need for perfection; faith instead of a need for control; peace instead of war within; health instead of sickness; love instead of hate….the list goes on and on. The more that I boast about my weaknesses God replaces them with His power which is made strong in me!

Let’s be honest. Weakness can be a scary thing. My sensitive heart could easily be considered weakness and brokenness. Thankfully, a broken and contrite heart God does not despise. It’s my sensitive heart that gives me a strong passion to see His Kingdom come on Earth as it is in Heaven. He turns my weakness into: compassion, hunger for more of Him, fervent prayer, compassionate weeping, intercession, a heart of desperation and often times tears=liquid prayers. Even Jesus was deeply moved in Spirit and troubled and he wept openly.

God’s grace is sufficient. He can and will turn the greatest weaknesses into the greatest strengths as we give Him access to our lives...as we have confidence to enter the MOST HOLY PLACE by the blood of Jesus. As Jesus bled on the cross for our sins he exposed himself to the most humiliating experience I could possibly imagine. Completely and utterly NAKED he hung on the cross for all to see his undeniable weakness. Apart from such weakness God’s glory could have never been fully revealed.

Let us draw near to God’s light and allow Him to expose the darkest parts of us…”having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for He who promised and called us is faithful! He will do it! He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus!!!” Let’s share in the fellowship by sharing together in His sufferings that His glory may truly be revealed in our lives. Let’s live like the transparent butterfly. Let's drink the satisfying nectar of our one true love. Let's be honest and clean as crystal so that the enemy has no hold on us. This is a life we are to live together. Let’s share our true selves without compromising the beautiful person God has made each of us to be.

The story is not over! There is beauty to be unveiled.

(2 Cor 3:16-18; Heb. 10:22-23; Phil 1:6; 2 Thes. 5:23; Psalms 51; Isaiah 61:3)

4 comments:

Shana C. said...

Whew - Amen. That was really good Krista. I love how your tender, sweet and honest spirit shows through in your words. It's like you were speaking them in person. You are such a blessing!

Jenn said...

This is beautiful Krista. What you wrote was definitely something that I needed to be reminded of, so thank you. I hope that today is a very special day for you and that you will continue to grow in your knowledge and wisdom of the Lord.

Candace said...

Happy Happy birthday!!!

Chris & Karen said...

A transparent butterfly -- yes, beautiful. Happy birthday, Krista. But, again, I can't believe you're only 30. Posts like this -- and you have so many like it -- reveal insight of such depth that you blow me away. And you say it so simply, humbly, beautifully. Thank you for sharing.