During a scavenger hunt at Field Forum in Terelj National Park, we had a chance to stop by a ger and share a bowl of tea (for points). Our team picked a very hospitable family, and though we didn't win, had an AMAZING cultural experience. The man of the house whom is pictured above is in his sixties and was a state champion in wrestling years ago. While we were there he tried on his wrestling attire and then gestured for me to put it on....So, I thought I was getting ready to put on the traditional wrestling outfit, which is a speedo and a topless shirt, GREAT!...lol. As I prepared myself mentally for that and for the pictures that would be shown on the slide show later...he put me into his Del instead...PTL!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Dressing up Mongolian Style
During a scavenger hunt at Field Forum in Terelj National Park, we had a chance to stop by a ger and share a bowl of tea (for points). Our team picked a very hospitable family, and though we didn't win, had an AMAZING cultural experience. The man of the house whom is pictured above is in his sixties and was a state champion in wrestling years ago. While we were there he tried on his wrestling attire and then gestured for me to put it on....So, I thought I was getting ready to put on the traditional wrestling outfit, which is a speedo and a topless shirt, GREAT!...lol. As I prepared myself mentally for that and for the pictures that would be shown on the slide show later...he put me into his Del instead...PTL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! SUch amazing experiences already. I'll tell Bobby you like his hair!
Post a Comment