Friday, March 21, 2008

STANDING FIRM against ATTACKS of the ENEMY

My brother's wife and I (Krista) went on our regular morning run when some thundering noises startled us from the lingering darkness in the neighbors backyard. I let out a yelp and wrapped my arm around Erika's as we shuffled over to the other side of the barely lit street. I laughed at myself until out of nowhere, a big fierce Rottweiler dragging a broken rusty chain charged toward us out of the shadows. We ran into the yard across the street and turned toward the ravenous growling dog now threatening our lives. Hand-in-hand Erika and I STOOD OUR GROUND as we tried to figure out our next move. Each time we took a step away, the beast prowled a few steps closer. Now at close enough range to smell our fear, our angry opponent wouldn't let up. Our hearts pumping, hands sweating, bodies shaking, we wondered if we should wake the people in the house behind us, but it was only 5:45 am. Instead, I did the only thing I could think of...I begged Jesus to make the dog go away! Sure enough, right as I prayed the dog turned around and walked to the other side of the road! We had gained ground so we began slowly backing away down the street. Hallelujah! Jesus delivered us from the scary beast!

We resisted the "devil" through prayer and he fleed from us! James 4:7

As Paul warns, we must put on the Armor of God so that we may withstand evil and having done all to STAND FIRM. Paul tells us to take up the pieces of armor with all prayer at all times and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance. Eph 6:10-18

By God's grace we stood our ground and He put prayer on our lips! Praise God that His strength is made perfect in our weakness! God's grace is sufficient to overcome the enemy in our lives!!! Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is FREEDOM! 2 COR 3:17

No comments: