Tuesday, February 05, 2008

PROCLAIMING FREEDOM!!!


Another Open Heavens experience... Our friend, Bethany, from Cali sent a prophetic painting, some financial support, and some words of encouragement.

The painting serves as God's vision to me...It is a portrait of a girl with long flowing black hair with her arms stretched wide...dancing freely among various shades of blue, green, yellow, red, brown, etc.

When I opened up the painting...I immediately started crying for joy! Over the last couple years and especially the last couple months God reminds me of how Jesus began his ministry. Open Heavens..."You are my son, whom I love, with you I am well-pleased" before he DID any works! And always my favorite, "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor, he has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Paul says, "Now is the time of God's favor..."

I sense God's favor on us so immensely. Her prophetic art was saying to me, "all the promises will come true: The Mongolians will be free. I will use you to heal the broken hearted and proclaim freedom and favor for the captives!" The picture symbolizes so much freedom and promises! I am so eager to be used by Him! She also sent words of encouragement...she gave us a verse about being anointed and victory! (Psalm 20:6-8) Also Steadfastness to Him (Ps 57:7,10) is constantly on my heart! I am so blessed.

I ran over to my brother's apt next door right after I opened it to show him and especially his wife (artist) and cried like crazy again when I was trying to speak about the promises of God. I am so overwhelmed by His goodness and knowing exactly what I need at exactly the right moment. I ran and got Bethany's pic off my fridge, which I love sooo incredibly much of her and the beautiful orphans in Africa. I told them all about Bethany being a twenty -something version of Averi and I can't wait til Averi is her age cause I love her so much...

I am so thankful for all God's servants (all of you!) for being used by God to confirm all his promises to me. Your words always inspire me to press into God so much more!

A quote God gave me: "Grace (unmerited favor) frees us from ourselves so we can be recklessly abandoned to HIM!"