Friday, December 07, 2007

Christmas Joy!


With Christmas in the forefront of my mind, I find myself relating to the joy Mary must have felt when she looked into the eyes of her son for the first time. Jesus’ mother rejoiced and sang a song to the Lord when she was chosen by God to be the mother of God’s precious child. Just like Mary, God has chosen me to be the mother to His beloved son, Eli Hien, and His beautiful princess, Averiana, both of whom He loves just as much as his son, Jesus! For that I rejoice!

Jesus, our Savior, humbled himself and gave up his perfect heavenly dwelling to be born in a smelly stable, laid upon uncomfortable straw in a dirty manger and wrapped in filthy rags. Because of his obedience he was raised back up to sit at the right hand of God. Just like God’s word promises, our son, Eli Hien’s name means, “God will raise up the humble.” Eli was once poor and alone, but God raised him up and grafted him into our family where he is learning of the riches found in Christ.

Averiana’s name means “New Life”, which Christ desires to give us each and every day we trust in Him. When I was pregnant I had a dream that Averi would bring many people to new life in Christ. We have already witnessed our sweet little girl tell many of God’s love. Thankfully, God’s love is new every morning and He gives us a fresh start every time we receive his forgiveness. I praise God that we all have an opportunity to start fresh this coming year with Christ as the Savior and King of our lives!