TOUGH MUDDER, SAT. SEPT 29TH
Check out an awesome video of the event at:
www.toughmudder.com
CALIFORNIA-NORCAL (Diablo Grande) "Are you tough enough?" After an AMAZING Day, I know without a doubt that my G*d really has made me a Warrior!
I just finished anointing my feet with "oil" before the race. I smeared them with vaseline (and I didn't get any blisters! PTL!) "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news." The very best part of the race was spreading the good news and encouraging others on. By His grace, I had opportunities to give high fives, speak encouraging words, pray for healing and release the Kingdom to 10 or more wounded warriors, and even push a few ladies from behind to help them up the massive steep hills.
This race had SO many analogies to serving the L*rd in Mongolia. Even getting to the start line was a HUGE Obstacle to overcome!!! As we were dancing around and getting pumped up behind the start line, the DJ had the military stand up. I stood half-way up not sure if being a VET counted. Then, I remembered I got a military discount for the race so I stood fully to my feet and everyone cheered in honor of the military. My eyes welled up with tears as I heard the Spirit say, "You are in the Lord's Army NOW and this is your test to PROVE it to yourself!!!!" In Air Force Basic Training I remember doing an obstacle course that was nowhere near as hard as this! Like the Tough Mudder video says, "If you can do THIS, you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to!!!"
HOORAH!!!! HOORAH!!! HOORAH!!!!
The terrain reminded me so much of Mongolia, minus the trees, cars, and thousands of people! One of the best moments was finally getting to the very top of one of the enormous hills and breathing in the scenery. My Spirit was so stirred to go back and bring the Kingdom to a desolate land. I spread my arms out wide and prayed, "I offer my body as a living sacrifice wholly and pleasing to you. This race is an ACT OF W*RSHIP!" I soaked in the suns rays and bathed in His glory. I noticed all the warriors around me and will take that image with me to the desolate hills of Mongolia. I am NEVER alone! I have so many warriors surrounding me in prayer while I am in Mongolia! On our last series of hills, I heard someone encouraging His teammate, "This is our last one-you can do it"; then He looked further ahead and said, " Oh no! I spoke too soon!" I yelled out in prayer, "The Hills Melt Like Wax in the Presence of the L*RD!!!! May they Melt away!!!!" And He yelled back in His very best "Hoorah" voice-"AMEN TO THAT!!!!!"
We ran 10-12 miles (at least half of which were STRAIGHT up Hill) in 95+ degree weather. The dreaded Artic Enema (Freezing cold pool of water) was actually VERY refreshing in the hot sun! Such a shock to the system! Speaking of shock to the system, a couple of the obstacles literally shocked us with electric currents jolting the body! We did a low crawl thru muddy water and electric wires hanging down! The obstacles were NO JOKE: muddy tunnels, mud pits, muddy hills other mudders would have to pull you up, huge walls, hay bails, log jams, tiny ledges/monkey bars/and rings over muddy water, Mt. Everest, and a run thru multiple opportunities for electric shock treatment at the finish line. I got shocked many times and jolted at the very end to catapult me hands first into a gigantic mud puddle! What a way to dive to the finish!VICTORY! At the top of every hill and after every obstacle I gave honor to G*d and raised my hands in worship!!! "I have Great Joy in the Victories He Gives! In the Victories He Gives may His Glory be Great!!!" Ps 21
Demonstrating "Acacia's Muscle Pose"
At the finish, I bowed my head and they crowned me with a Fiery Tough Mudder Headband. I am on FIRE for HIM and it was such an honor to FINISH the race marked out for me for the Glory of His NAME. "Run in such a way to obtain the prize!" AS they placed the band on my head, I KNEW this was an imperishable wreath! I will NEVER forget the day I became a TOUGH MUDDER!!!!The most refreshing Starbucks Ever!!!! This reward only lasted a few minutes, but the rewards in Heaven will last an eternity!!!




3 comments:
I was brought to tears by your heart for the Lord. It's so inspiring. You are truly a warrior and I admire you so much. Thank you for the boost of passion for the Lord!
I was brought to tears by your passion for the L*rd. You truly are a warrior and I admire you so much. Thank you for the inspiration and boost to love and serve the L*rd BIG!
I was brought to tears by your passion for the L*rd. You truly are a warrior and I admire you so much. Thank you for the inspiration and boost to love and serve the L*rd BIG!
Post a Comment