After finishing the impossible, my 13.1 mile race, I know without a doubt I could not have finished without your support! The first half of the race was pretty difficult considering I was sucking wind after getting swept up in the energy and finishing my first mile in under 8 minutes (7:45). I haven't ran a mile that fast since 15 years ago in the military! I kept telling myself, "if I can only make it to Larry and the kids at the 6 mile mark they will cheer me on and I will be able to keep going!" When I got to the spot I thought they were meeting me, they weren't there. They didn't show up?! I was devastated. As I was choking back tears, the Spirit said to me, "How do you respond when I don't show up where, when, or how you want me to? How will you respond, now?" Cut to the heart, I began sucking down tears, right when my brother-in-law went speeding passed me on a bike yelling, "Go faster!!!" I have never been so happy during a run before! Big deep breaths! And again the Spirit whispered, "See? I didn't forget about you!" This gave me a hope for seeing Larry and the kids ahead. Sure enough, there they were a half-mile later at the actual 6 mile mark holding signs with marker dripping down from the rain, "Go, Mom, Go!!!" "Never Give Up!" I stopped to give them hugs, but when Acacia saw some people passing me by, she said insistently, "No, Mom! Go!!!!" Thank G*d for my support team and all of you praying! I really think I could have talked myself out of finishing if it weren't for all of you!!! Here is a picture at the 6 mile mark with BIG SMILES when I saw Larry and my kids cheering for me!!!
I can truly say that ALL ODDS were against me this morning before and during the race, yet I finished strong! I woke up and grabbed my change of clothes and forgot my bobble-head trophy (from the 10-miler) was on top of the pile as an encouragement to myself. I gasped as I heard it fall to the ground and break in three pieces. I tried not to get discouraged but then looked out the window to pouring down rain (raining sideways from the wind) and even waves rippling across the hotel pool. "When the storm comes, keep your eyes fixed on J*sus!" I told myself. During the race, my i-Pod kept skipping and the mileage on the Nike Fitness app wasn't right, my water bottle was leaking and not holding much water (after wasting time to fill it up at water stations), the goo was making me a bit pukey, the entire race was on asphalt when I've been training on gravel, my toe-running turned to heel running after 8 miles because of so many blisters from the wet soggy ground...and...
I'm sure I could come up with some more excuses to quit!!! Even still, by His Spirit, I ran the race in a worthy manner, fully pleasing to Him and can imagine Him saying to me, "Well, done good and faithful servant!" He strengthened me with ALL POWER according to His glorious might with ALL ENDURANCE, PATIENCE WITH JOY!!!! Against all odds, I not only endured but even found JOY while sprinting up a couple hills (when I thought I had no energy left!) to pass some runners and sprint thru the finish-line to beat one last person at the end! Though, I didn't beat the 2 hour mark at 2:03, I DID beat my main goal of finishing before Hugh Jackman's time of 2:05 (So I can playfully say that I beat Wolverine!!!!) though I have no idea when and where he ran his 1/2 Marathon!!! Most of all, I count it all joy in trials for the crown of righteousness awaits me...AND G*d gave me fuel to the very end answer my prayer in Acts 20:24, "my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the L*rd J*sus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of G*d’s grace."
Broken Trophies and a NEW HEART After Him!
I hobbled my way to the bathroom and when I sat down my finishers heart-shaped medal broke in two. I thought. "What is with all my trophies breaking today?" I walked back to the finish line and asked one of the ladies, "May I have a new heart? Mine is broken." I almost started crying as she put the new one around my neck. All those prayers for a NEW HEART came true after the Heartland Half Marathon! I felt the L*rd saying to me that my trophy was a "New Heart After Him". Wow! I couldn't ask for anything more!
As I glued all the pieces of my bobble-head trophy back together, I remembered that a broken (heart) and contrite spirit is not despised! "Glue me back together again, L*rd!" G*d used this race to break me for Him: to show me humility and dependence on Him and that anything is possible to us who Believe! Let our hearts not be troubled but BELIEVE!!!! I never ever thought I would ever be able to run a Half-Marathon! Now, I know with all my heart that Nothing is Impossible thru Him! I guess I can throw out the thought that "I am not a runner." I AM NOW!!!! I even look forward to my training for an even harder race at the end of the month. www.toughmudder.com May I believe for an even more impossible task!
Also, I want to give a shout-out to my sister-in-law who finished around 1:51 and got 3rd place in her age bracket: 24-29! Thank you, Theresa for encouraging me to do the Half-Marathon with you!!! I would have never even considered the challenge if it weren't for you!
I can truly say that ALL ODDS were against me this morning before and during the race, yet I finished strong! I woke up and grabbed my change of clothes and forgot my bobble-head trophy (from the 10-miler) was on top of the pile as an encouragement to myself. I gasped as I heard it fall to the ground and break in three pieces. I tried not to get discouraged but then looked out the window to pouring down rain (raining sideways from the wind) and even waves rippling across the hotel pool. "When the storm comes, keep your eyes fixed on J*sus!" I told myself. During the race, my i-Pod kept skipping and the mileage on the Nike Fitness app wasn't right, my water bottle was leaking and not holding much water (after wasting time to fill it up at water stations), the goo was making me a bit pukey, the entire race was on asphalt when I've been training on gravel, my toe-running turned to heel running after 8 miles because of so many blisters from the wet soggy ground...and...
I'm sure I could come up with some more excuses to quit!!! Even still, by His Spirit, I ran the race in a worthy manner, fully pleasing to Him and can imagine Him saying to me, "Well, done good and faithful servant!" He strengthened me with ALL POWER according to His glorious might with ALL ENDURANCE, PATIENCE WITH JOY!!!! Against all odds, I not only endured but even found JOY while sprinting up a couple hills (when I thought I had no energy left!) to pass some runners and sprint thru the finish-line to beat one last person at the end! Though, I didn't beat the 2 hour mark at 2:03, I DID beat my main goal of finishing before Hugh Jackman's time of 2:05 (So I can playfully say that I beat Wolverine!!!!) though I have no idea when and where he ran his 1/2 Marathon!!! Most of all, I count it all joy in trials for the crown of righteousness awaits me...AND G*d gave me fuel to the very end answer my prayer in Acts 20:24, "my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the L*rd J*sus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of G*d’s grace."
Broken Trophies and a NEW HEART After Him!
I hobbled my way to the bathroom and when I sat down my finishers heart-shaped medal broke in two. I thought. "What is with all my trophies breaking today?" I walked back to the finish line and asked one of the ladies, "May I have a new heart? Mine is broken." I almost started crying as she put the new one around my neck. All those prayers for a NEW HEART came true after the Heartland Half Marathon! I felt the L*rd saying to me that my trophy was a "New Heart After Him". Wow! I couldn't ask for anything more!
As I glued all the pieces of my bobble-head trophy back together, I remembered that a broken (heart) and contrite spirit is not despised! "Glue me back together again, L*rd!" G*d used this race to break me for Him: to show me humility and dependence on Him and that anything is possible to us who Believe! Let our hearts not be troubled but BELIEVE!!!! I never ever thought I would ever be able to run a Half-Marathon! Now, I know with all my heart that Nothing is Impossible thru Him! I guess I can throw out the thought that "I am not a runner." I AM NOW!!!! I even look forward to my training for an even harder race at the end of the month. www.toughmudder.com May I believe for an even more impossible task!
Also, I want to give a shout-out to my sister-in-law who finished around 1:51 and got 3rd place in her age bracket: 24-29! Thank you, Theresa for encouraging me to do the Half-Marathon with you!!! I would have never even considered the challenge if it weren't for you!




2 comments:
Wow Krista! You DO go girl! Beautiful "new heart" too. Keep running and being blessed! :)
Wow Krista! You DO go girl! Beautiful "new heart" too. Keep running and being blessed! :)
Post a Comment