Wow! We are here at last!Surreal. 20 hours of travel later, endorphins and excitement keeping us awake as we waited in line for our visa, finally we were welcomed by a friendly man holding a sign. He loaded our luggage in his van and took us to our hotel late at night. At first, I was disappointed because they put us in a different house than we expected (without the big yard and balcony). Plus, we had hoped to stay with another family there that we met the previous trip. I apologized to Larry this morning after reading about being led by the Spirit (life and peace) compared to being led by the flesh (death). The night before I let my flesh get the littlest bit upset about little things. I realized there was no need to let anything steal my joy!!! Especially when Larry looked me in the eyes with a calm look and reminded me, “we are going to get Dibora tomorrow.” At that point, I knew that NOTHING else mattered. We could be staying in the smallest little whole in the wall and it seriously would not matter. I am reminded that NOTHING else matters but Him. When I stop to think about it, it is really ridiculous that I let myself get even the tiniest bit upset about small things when the Kingdom is within my reach and J*sus is ALIVE working all things out for good!!!!
I am amazed how the Lord takes care of every detail.
Finances, Friends, Fellowship. Everything. Even on the way to the orphanage this morning, the translator apologized for some misunderstanding last time we stayed here months ago and promised he would make it up to us and save us some money on transportation and whatever else he could do. We are really happy with this guest home and we are especially satisfied in how they go out of their way to meet our every need. They even made me a specialized allergy free pizza tonight. The best part is that it turned out that the other family we wanted to see In the other hotel were also accidentally booked in the room right next door to us and we didn’t even know it! When the family came down to breakfast this morning, we laughed about how we both wanted to be in the other house so we could see each other. There was no reason to worry because the Lord had it worked out all along. Another special weaving of paths crossed when another family joined us for lunch, to celebrate with them and pray for them just hours before they left to go back to America. What incredible timing. They flew to Ethiopia during spring break without an Embassy appointment by FAITH and got an appointment the day before they were supposed to leave! They were the last of the families that were here with us in November adopting from the same orphanage. Soon we all will be enjoying the satisfaction of having our “babies” at home with us safely in our arms!
So now for the best part of the day!
After barricades at every turn on the road to get to the orphanage, we finally parked and walked the last few blocks to finish this race once and for all. Each barricade of large stones reminded me of the long road and the many attempts to block us from retrieving our girl and replacing those ashes with a crown of beauty. Upon arriving, Dibora approached us gracefully, adorned with barrettes and a beautiful smile. The hug I’d been waiting for clenched my heart and I choked back tears. Finally, my girl was in my arms, never to be separated until eternity. What a moment that was. I could just breathe it in again and again. New life with every breath. Hope that does not disappoint. Pure joy in trials so worth it when we receive a crown of beauty. Speaking of crowns of beauty…Later at the hotel, Dibora found her new baby doll lying on her bed with a crown on her head. She placed the crown thoughtfully in my hair and said, “Mommy… girl king”. I laughed in delight of my new found treasure. A treasure entrusted to me. An honor, a privilege to gaze upon the beauty of this fine cut gem. She has been prepared, words of hope sown, living water washing her sins away. She truly is a new creation adopted into a new family of hope for the future. More than ever before I know that there is a plan for her life far greater than I could ever dream. Every barricade overcome will be a HUGE VICTORY that will be won on behalf of His Kingdom. She is a fighter. He is preparing her for a great adventure. I stand in awe of our Creator, our Master, the Author writing the story of the wonderful life I get to be a part of. Amazing. Truly Amazing.
More about crowns…
I was reading in Rev 3 and 4 this morning. He who stands at the door and knocks…if he hears my voice and opens the door I will come to him and eat with him and he with me. Oh how I long to hear his voice like a trumpet. Then John said that for all those who conquer get to sit on the throne with him. The throne of heaven. Whoa. For the first time in my life, I know for certain I have conquered. There have been many battles I have fought and won. But never have I fought to the death…not like this…and found myself resurrected sitting on the throne with J*sus. I have never known his love like this. So real. So personal. I know his heart for his children more than ever before. I know his heart for the nations. I know his heart for me. How could he love me so. So undeserving and unlovable at times (ask my husband!) Yet he loves me! And he gives me a crown…like he gave the elders in Rev 4. He spoke like a trumpet and told John to come up here so that he could show him. He saw Jesus sitting on the throne surrounded by magnificent colors, elders facedown, angels worshiping and glorifying him. What a scene. And can you even imagine? He seats us with him. In all that glory and all that majesty. How he trusts us. Now he has entrusted to me the greatest crown of all. A crown with magnificent jewels. 3 gems…my children to love. I know it is true.
No comments:
Post a Comment