So, I have been trying to write this blog for a bit, but have been having a hard time figuring out what to share. So, what do I do? Well, I do hear the question, "What do you do?" a lot! Well, I work for a Development Org. I try to use the word development in Kazakh, but usually have to default back to Helping Org. Oh, they might say, "Well then, please help me/give me money." Umm, sorry I don't give money! But I can give you what I do have...burpees for time, baby!
(Burpees defined: From standing position jump and clap your hands over head, put your hands on the floor, jump your feet back, do a push up, jump your feet to your hands, stand/jump up and clap your hands over head, keep going...10-20 more times! One of the regular fitness guys recently did 100 for time!)
Recently, I have changed my answer to, "I am a health teacher," which has a much different response. Usually, then I am asked, "How do I get big?"
So, I hope to give people an accurate answer about what we have been doing. The short answer is: Language Study, Visitations, Praying, Meetings, Fitness Classes, and fielding daily life activities! I spend approximately 5-6 hours in the gym a day, which is kind of crazy, but mostly I love it. I have kind of become "famous" because of it. Everywhere I go guys are stopping me to talk about everything, not just lifting. Open doors! This is just one thing we do here, and I hope to highlight more every week or at least bi-weekly....
So, please pray for my guys that I am able to communicate not only physical health, but spiritual health as well...
Upcoming:
Buying a Home (Pictured Above).
Packing and Moving
Potential 4th "home stay" except this time a Kazakh family will be living on our property!
Krista and the kids are finished with school for the summer!
Adoption: Still No News...
Traveling to Olgii for a Prayer Retreat.
Discipling a new Believer!
1 comment:
You're doing great work over there! We're praying for you guys!
Post a Comment