Thursday, February 10, 2011

Introducing our New Daughter!!!

Cool picture we found on an adopting family's blog...
Carrying Africa in our hearts!!!

Introducing ACACIA
Acacia: the wood overlaid in gold that God used to construct
the Ark of the Covenant and the Tabernacle!

We are so thrilled to share some information we just received about our soon-to-be daughter! From the Orphanage Director: She just turned six years old. Her favorite subject is Math. Hobbies: playing volleyball, running, taking care of pets, and jigsaw puzzles. She wants to be a medical doctor when she grows up. The Bible verse she knows and loves the most: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart.” What she has been praying: That she will do well in her studies.

We also received an email today from a family adopting a sibling group from the same orphanage! Their daughter is good friends with Acacia so they got lots of pictures of her. We also found out the family lives in Indiana so we will be able to visit them this summer! Hopefully our daughters will be able to remain lifelong friends! According to them, our girl likes to dance and seems to be very artistic! She was making perfect clay pots out of play-dough. The family says our sweet girl is such a GEM! They also sent us some great pictures of her beautiful smile while being tickled, playing on the monkey bars, and jumping rope! We cannot wait to meet her in person!!! (AND we can't wait until we are allowed to post pictures of her on our blog and share her Ethiopian name!!! We have to wait until we sign the papers in Ethiopia before we can post pics!!) Trust us! She is so beautiful.

Thank you for rejoicing with us!!! Just this little amount of information has brought so much joy! Averi is excited to take care of pets and play volleyball with her and Eli can't wait to play puzzles and legos with her!!! We are so blessed!

Thank you for joining with us!

Larry and Krista Lain

PS It's not too late to donate to our adoption fund!!! Click on the donate button to the right. OR send a check written out to us to: Kim Barnowsky, 680 Bloomfield, Lake Orion, MI 48362. More than anything we appreciate your prayers on our behalf and on behalf of our child!!! May you be abundantly blessed as you contribute to bringing a lonely little girl into our family!!!!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations! How fun! She sounds beautiful! What a lovely addition to your family :)

Suz said...

Hi Lain family! I met you all at CAMA world retreat (I'm in Laos) and have followed your blog since then and have your picture on my friends. I am so excited you are adopting a girl from Ethiopia... I just spent two weeks in Ethiopia and learned so much! I have an album on Facebook if you care to see it:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=609252&id=905920458&l=dc41477322

I will keep praying for your adoption process and transition as a family. I believe you that she is beautiful- I was blown away by how stunning Ethiopians are!

Michelle said...

HOORAY!!! I'm so glad to year you got pictures and info on your new little girl. I'm really looking forward to meeting her.