Well PTL that the kids and I are okay. Yesterday, we were in a car accident (Krista was in the midst of her first Kazakh language class when it happened). A young taxi driver T-boned my Russian van sliding somewhat underneath my vehicle causing my vehicle's back two tires to come off the ground while simultaneously turning over on its side. Some how the hit from the other car caused me to go airborne, so that, when the vehicle had landed on the passanger side I landed on my feet. I grabbed the kids and started to climb out of the van when I looked over and noticed the other driver trying to flee the scene...so it seemed. I jumped down and ran over to him while the crowd surronded his vehicle and wouldn't let him leave. I grabbed Averi and Eli and handed them to the Mongolian Mom's whom came to my aid. Men noticed that fuel and oil began to spill out of the vehicle causing the crowd to panic and flip my van back over before the cops arrived. The cops arrived quickly! And began to control and aid our situation. Many witness were saying, "The Russian guy is innocent". People always think I'm Russian. The crowd really treated me well, and were genuinly worried about the kids!
Averiana flew throuh the car to the other side and only received a bump on her head, and Eli was already on the passengerside so he kind of just tipped over.
I have spent the last two days in the Police station thanking God that we all are okay while at the same time praying that the youngmans driving career, wife's education, and savings account (most likely there isn't one) would not be taken away.
The Police, the Mongolian crowd, the youngman, and his family all have treated me with respect. I really appreciate the Mongolian hospitality.
Nick and I have been praying for you.. so glad to hear that you are all OK. We miss you, and are looking so forward to April!! Let us know what the plan is :)
We're so glad you all are okay! What an experience heading out to Hovd too . . . Now that you're getting horseback riding down, are you all set for the camels? :-)
2 comments:
Nick and I have been praying for you.. so glad to hear that you are all OK. We miss you, and are looking so forward to April!! Let us know what the plan is :)
We're so glad you all are okay! What an experience heading out to Hovd too . . . Now that you're getting horseback riding down, are you all set for the camels? :-)
Post a Comment