Friday, November 14, 2008

Robe of Righteousness

Could this picture really be ME in a custom-made sheep's wool coat with beautiful lamb's wool trim? I feel so undeserving! Yet, God promises in His word that He will dress us even more beautifully than the lilies of the field...In a ROBE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. A friend of mine prayed over me that The Lamb of God seated on the throne of heaven (with his hair of white wool) would wrap me in His Robe of Righteousness and that this coat would serve as a reminder of His love for me.
The day that I brought the coat home I realized that it was way too big for me. Ordering the coat with limited language was one thing, but explaining that I needed it altered...that was quite another! In the midst of it all, God challenged me not to worry about what I would wear in the cold upcoming winter-but instead to seek His Kingdom and righteousness first and everything else would be added unto me as well. (Matt 6:28-33) Turns out that worrying IS and would have been worthless! One of the ladies with the CAMA stitch project was able to move the buttons over without any stitching alterations at all for a whopping $3 and my new Robe of Righteousness is a perfect fit. EVEN BETTER THAN A NEW COAT that I don't deserve, God drew me in to experience more of His awesome presence (Now that is even harder to fathom...how the creator of the universe cares to share HIMSELF with little old me!) I am so in awe of Our KING!!!

1 comment:

Jordana said...

Yea! What a beautiful coat to keep you warm in during the long winter that is ahead of you. Today, it's going to be a high of 42 here in Baltimore...chilly and beautiful, just like you Krista! I love you!