Although some may think we are "crazy" (including myself), after many months of pleading, Averi (who could easily be mistaken for the "persistent widow") finally got her wish for a new puppy. She never let up...and Mommy finally gave in to her desperate desires and heart-warming tears. After all, maybe the puppy will be good for her during this transitional time as a family. She could also learn lots of good responsibilities during this eager time of being a BIG GIRL, a BIG SISTER, and a BIG HELPER.
Averiana amazes me. When she truly wants something she will ask until she receives! Thankfully, she carries this same persistence and desperation into her prayer life as well! I can count so many times that she has cried out to the Lord in pure desperation, "I want to see you, Lord." I know in my heart of hearts that she will grow to be an amazing woman of God because of her persistent heart! God continues to teach me and grow me closer to Him through my children! I can't imagine where I would be without them!