Friday, March 11, 2011

Following the Star to our Inheritance






I wish I could express in words how difficult it is to wait on meeting our beautiful daughter. My heart aches, my stomach clenches, my mouth cries out to our Daddy in heaven, the Father of the fatherless. I once was an “orphan” waiting for my Father to bring me into the family of heaven and rescue me from darkness. Now, we have the privilege of choosing a daughter and lifting her up, just as He chose us many years ago. We wait for the seal of approval from the Ethiopian government to bring a little girl into our family. We thank the Lord for giving us His SEAL of approval guaranteeing our inheritance as we officially became children of God. Oh, how I thank Him for choosing me to be His beloved daughter. Oh, how He longs for me to REST in His arms of love as I long for our daughter to cuddle up close in my arms. I can't even wait for the day that I can hug her in close and tell her that she is mine. That she belongs to me. My beautiful possession. How amazing that we are HIS. His possession. We belong to the Father of the Universe! How intimate and beautiful a picture of His LOVE.

I was looking at the Ethiopian flag today. Staring at the star. Thinking about how the wisemen entered into an incredibly long journey following the star in search of a child...the savior of the world. What the journey must have been like for them. The joys, the struggles, the anticipation. And then the day finally came when they saw Him for the first time. Perhaps they scooped him up in their arms and danced for joy. Finally, after so much waiting! Then they knelt down and presented their gifts.

I follow the star in my heart on this incredible journey in anticipation of meeting our beautiful daughter for the first time. I imagine the day that we scoop up our daughter in our arms and present her the most amazing gift of all...a family. Even better, I anticipate the day we present her the good news of the seal of the Holy Spirit guaranteeing her an even greater family in heaven. Even still, the wisemen knew that their gifts to Him was nothing compared to what He would give back to them...and I know that our daughter will be a greater gift to us than we could ever be to her.

I marvel and thank the Lord for the gift of adoption. May He bless His children with the knowledge of their inheritance as children of God!

“I pray that the Father of glory may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him the eyes of your understanding being enlightened: that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe!!!”






4 comments:

Kelly Irene said...

Asking with you that this will happen quickly and smoothly so you can embrace that sweet girl in loving arms!

unused said...

Beautiful!

Robin said...

You guys are great! I love reading about all that is going on in your lives and pray that your daughter comes home soon. You are beloved of the Lord. Continue in His faithful service.

--Robin from Redding, CA

Chris & Karen said...

Praying for your star! May you all be so blessed!:)