Despite being so far away from family this holiday season(please pray for us!) we have found some things to REJOICE about! First of all, we FOUND a Christmas tree in MONGOLIA!!!???!!!!
Averi, Eli and Milo in front of our new tree they helped decorate joyfully!
It's amazing to me how much I miss certain things. I never thought not having a Christmas tree would bother me, but after watching Polar Express a couple weeks ago my heart sank because we didn't bring any Christmas decorations. The Christmas tree brings such comfort to me and makes me feel so much closer to home somehow. I praise God for knowing my needs and comforting me while I feel so far away from family. We were even able to buy some Christmas presents for our families on the internet which helps me feel like we can partially participate in the holiday gatherings back home. I am soooo thankful for our amazing Savior this Christmas! He reminds us daily that He cares for us and He is with us! Thank God He is with us wherever we go! We never have to celebrate the holiday season alone!!!
1 comment:
I am GLAD you are finding Christmas there too! Is this your first Christmas in Mongoiia? I am so glad i found you site - via your email you sent to me. I always think of you when i eat Greek yogurt...the people you stayed with served us this for breakfast...when we were in Atlanta for that Candidate development weekend. Anyhow, I fondly remember you guys! I have read a few of your blog entries and was very encouraged!!! Especially about God answering Averi's prayer for a cat! Ah, i can totally relate...the love for animals and the faith of a child. Can I have a dose of that faith!?
Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment