SIDE NOTE:
Speaking of the enemy's schemes...boy has he been at it again and again! The great part is that God has been giving us peace in the midst of trials...that surpasses all understanding! I keep thinking to myself, If it were up to me I would be soooo irritated right now...but by God's infinite grace...I"M NOT! God is sooo good!
Here is a subtle example where God got a hold of me before I could get too upset. We have been camping at Horse Pens 40, AL for 4-5 days (just the 4 of us). We were so glad to have some peace and quiet...but my peaceful "bubble" was near explosion if the sequence of events continued in the wrong direction. Now don't get me wrong. I love camping, but on this particular morning everything that I dislike about camping happened all at once!
First, I couldn't find anything in the disarray in the back of our van...piles of camping gear on top of way too many clothes, every misc. thing you could possibly need on a camping trip, plus an abundance of seemingly unnecessary items (I guess we are in the process of moving our stuff.) Then, I realized that we forgot to bring silverware and the kids were hungry and by this point so was I! Then I felt blamed for not bringing them because of a previous misunderstanding...one sure way to light my fire...I hate feeling blamed for forgetting stuff (when it is always just a lack of communication) so most of the time I make sure Larry packs all the camping stuff and I only pack me and the kids stuff. But we are going to Mongolia...not our usual packing routine. AND in the midst of all this craziness I stepped in a raging ant pile and got bit by about 20 fire ants...AND it was starting to get really sweaty, sticky, hot outside and I was already feeling a bit miserable from allergies as well. There was enough pollen on our green car to mistake the color for yellow! So I was sneezing about one hundred times! Yep, I was pretty frustrated for a second...then GOD OVERCAME! I realized what was happening and I asked God to turn it to good...and He did!He taught me some valuable lessons to keep from stepping in the enemy's traps (or to keep from stepping in a fire ant pile): Remember to walk your walk mindfully...pay attention to every step ...and step in the right direction...toward HIM! Also focus on the good stuff! God turned my thoughts from all the craziness going on to gratefulness for being with my family on a great adventure on a beautiful day...and I wasn't about to let a bunch of little things ruin our great time in God's amazing Creation!
2 comments:
Hey beautiful family! Thank you for this important reminder, and for allowing God to enter even the crazy times. We all need to be reminded of that, don't we? The full armor of God is even MORE powerful than a raging army of fire ants! Praise God!
We miss you terribly, we're praying for you all, and we send our love!
Chris, Karen, Andrew, and Melanie :)
Whew!! Good job getting your perspective back, Krista! I doubt I'd have done it that fast. It's never a little here, little there. No, suddenly, all "fire ant pile" breaks loose and gets all over us! So we find ourselves putting on that armor AGAIN!
Lots of love, Karen :->
Post a Comment