Sunday, April 01, 2007

Eliakim "He whom God will raise up"

Isaiah 22:20-23
"I will summon my servant Eliakim...and I will clothe him with your tunic and tie your sash securely around him. I will entrust him with your authority and he will become a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem..Then I will set the key of the house of David on his shoulder when he opens no one will shut when he shuts no one will open. I will drive him like a peg into a firm place and he will become a throne of glory in his father's house."

  • God has promised that he will raise our son up out of darkness and into His glorious light! Interesting that his Vietnamese name Hien means humble...1Peter5:6 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may lift you up." James 4:10 "Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will lift you up."
  • God has also promised that He will entrust our son with authority and will give him an inheritance (just as He has given us as His adopted children an inheritance-Rom 8:15,17 "But you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons...we are children of God...heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ"). Interesting that his Vietnamese name Hien also means meek. Matt 5:5 "Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth."
  • God will give our son a place of security; a FIRM PLACE in our home and in our family. God desires to give Eli Hien a place in His kingdom! Just as we are getting ready by preparing a space for him in our home and in our hearts, God is preparing a place for him in Heaven! Jn14:3 "In my Father's house are many rooms...if I go and prepare a place for you I will come again and take you to myself that where I am you may be also..."